3D Fire Fighting: Training, Techniques, and Tactics
by Paul Grimwood, Ed Hartin,
John McDonough, Shan Raffel
1. Extreme Fire Behavior
2. Introduction to 3D Fire Fighting
3. Fire Fighting in the Gaseous-Phase and Critical Flow-Rate
4. Compartmental Fire Development and 3D Size-up (Risk Assessment)
5. The Practical Application of 3D Water Fog
6. Tactical Ventilation
7. Compartment Fire Behavior Training (CFBT)
8. CFBT Planning and Implementation
9. 3D Fire Fighting and Current Standard Operating Guidelines
10. Health and Safety During CFBT: Overview of Regulations and Standards
11. Tactical Issues — The Future
3D Fire Fighting brings together four tactical fire fighting specialists from the USA, Australia, and the UK. Each author brings his own area of expertise to the publication in a way never seen before truly an international perspective.
This book has been written for fire chiefs, fire administrators, engineers, and firefighters. It demonstrates how a safer and more effective approach to tackling structure fires can result in reducing life losses dramatically, which has been shown in the countries where 3D Fire Fighting has evolved.
The book and CD-ROM explore new approaches to tactical venting options and fire and confinement strategies. It also offers primary teaching aids relative to various forms of rapid-fire progress, CFBT (Compartment Fire Behavior Training), and tactical fire attack (smoothbore versus water fog versus CAFS).
Read the first-hand views of fire chiefs in New York City and London who debate the venting versus confinement tactics. Learn how to implement CFBT training in your fire department by using tried and tested methods based on the original Swedish model with safe operating practices developed in the UK.
Item Number: 36568
Edition/Publication Date: 1st Edition (2005)